Learning how to use a wood lathe is a gratifying and practical pursuit, as it allows you to sculpt intricate and personalized wooden objects, from decorative bowls to furniture components, infusing creativity into your woodworking projects. This skill not only provides a sense of accomplishment but also enhances your ability to craft bespoke pieces and engage in the art of fine woodworking, making it both enjoyable and highly useful.
- Understanding the basic principles and techniques of wood turning.
- Safely operating wood turning tools and equipment.
- Selecting and preparing wood for turning.
- Properly mounting wood on a lathe.
- Executing basic wood turning cuts and shapes, such as spindle turning and bowl turning.
- Creating smooth and symmetrical surfaces on turned wood projects.
- Applying different finishing techniques to enhance the appearance and durability of turned wood.
- Identifying and using various wood turning tools.
- Understanding the properties of different types of wood and their suitability for turning.
- Appreciating the artistic and creative possibilities of wood turning as a form of expression.
Tools Required: All tools are provided.
Materials Required: All materials are provided.
Take Home: You take home your beautiful creation.
This class qualifies as the wood lathe orientation for Fuse33 members.
Explore Wood Turning
Skill Level: Entry Level Class (No prerequisite required)
Age Group: 18+
Session Length: 3 hours
Cost per Person: $85
No classes are currently scheduled, however we can notify you when new dates are posted. (See below)