Learning about LEDs can be a fun and enticing experience, as you get to explore the fascinating world of light and technology while experimenting with colourful and vibrant displays. The hands-on nature of working with LEDs allows for a dynamic and engaging learning process that sparks curiosity and creativity.
- Practical understanding of how an LED works
- Selecting the best LEDs for different use environments
- Determining the appropriate power supplies
- Using resistors and capacitors
- Diffusing LED light
- Edge-lighting with LEDs
- Digitally controlling LEDs
- Soldering connections to LEDs and LED strips
- Troubleshooting common problems with LEDs
- Avoid common and costly mistakes
Tools Required: All tools required for learning are provided
Materials Required: All materials are provided.
Take Home: You will take home a sampling of LEDs.
Explore LEDs In Making
Skill Level: Entry Level Class (No prerequisite required)
Age Group: 18+
Session Length: 2 hours
Cost per Person: $67
Upcoming Class Sessions
Thu, Jun 20, 2024 – 10:00am to 12:00pm(Class Full – Join Wait List)