Learning about basic electronics and soldering is an engaging and practical endeavour that empowers individuals to understand and manipulate the world of electronic devices, fostering a sense of curiosity and problem-solving. It’s not only enjoyable but also useful in everyday life, allowing you to troubleshoot and repair electronic gadgets, and even create your own custom electronics projects, from simple circuits to more advanced inventions.
Exploring Electronics is a good place to begin if you are interested in working with basic electronics, and would like to improve your soldering skills.
In this class you will learn how to:
- Identify common electronic components, and their functions
- Decode values on components such as resistors and capacitors
- Make sense of wiring diagrams
- Layout a circuit on a prototyping breadboard
- Convert a breadboarded circuit to a permanent circuitboard
- Solder components, while avoiding common mistakes
This class includes a hands-on project that you take home when finished.